Dash DAQ MIT licensed now?

I just took notice that the dash-daq components have been made MIT licensed :smiley::smiley::smiley: , i.e. free to use. Am I understanding this correctly? This is too good to be true :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes indeed :smile: :rocket:

Psyched to see what you build with them!

7 Likes

This should be featured! :slight_smile:

Fantastic!!! Thanks a lot. :smile:

I just noticed, that after the recent update, importing dash_daq seems to throw an error related to the removal of events.

File "/home/.../.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dash_daq/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
    'dash_daq'
  File "/home/.../.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dash/development/component_loader.py", line 59, in load_components
    namespace
  File "/home/.../.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dash/development/_py_components_generation.py", line 210, in generate_class
    string = generate_class_string(typename, props, description, namespace)
  File "/home/.../.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dash/development/_py_components_generation.py", line 105, in generate_class_string
    prohibit_events(props)
  File "/home/.../.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dash/development/_py_components_generation.py", line 290, in prohibit_events
    'Events are no longer supported by dash. Use properties instead, '
dash.exceptions.NonExistentEventException: Events are no longer supported by dash. Use properties instead, eg `n_clicks` instead of a `click` event.

Yes, this has to do with the most recent version of Dash. I would recommend temporarily switching into 0.35.0. We’re working on fixing that right now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update – new version of dash-daq has been released that is compatible with dash 0.36.0!