Dash React Plugin not working with serve_locally

Hi,

I followed the steps in the Dash component boilerplate repo, and tried using the component in an existing Dash app I had by setting app.scripts.config.serve_locally = True and installing the package in the corresponding virtual environment using pip.

The app runs fine but the component doesn’t work and when I check the browser’s console I get Uncaught (in promise) Error: my_dash_component was not found. Has anyone had this issue before? I unzipped the tar file with the package and the my_dash_component folder does exist in there so I’m not sure if I need to copy the .js files somewhere in my project to make sure the app can find them.

Thanks!

How did you create the tarball distribution? Did you follow steps 7 on this guide? https://github.com/plotly/dash-component-boilerplate

Hi @chriddyp, thanks for the quick reply! I just figured out the issue, it didn’t occur to me that it was related to my app being multi-page until I tried using the component in another project. After that it was just a quick search to find this.

I think it might be useful to add something about this in the documentation, specially for people new to plugins like me :smiley:.