Dropdown not searching values when typing

Recently I update dash-core-components from 0.9 to 0.11 and the drop-down is not searchable in specific instances anymore.

Here is a GIF of dropdown from 0.9 version of dcc

and here is dropdown GIF after upgrading to 0.11 version of dcc

But this behavior happens in only those drop-downs which is populated via options output. If I populate the drop-down via plain vanilla list of numbers, there are no issues.

@chriddyp

Some help here would be great. Thanks

For me it is also not working with callback populated options, but I don’t know how it was before.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting @raghunath! Sounds like a bug. I’ll work on a fix this week.

Fixed in https://github.com/plotly/dash-core-components/pull/56. Upgrade with dash-core-components==0.12.1

I just checked it, nothing changed.

After upgrade, restarted app & same issue persists.

Ah, sorry I had the version number wrong. It’s 0.12.2 not 0.12.1 :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Great. Now its working.

1 Like

@chriddyp, I am now having the same issue. I think one of the updates introduced the same bug. Can someone please assist?

Thanks

1 Like

@chriddyp the latest versions have the same bug. When I try going back to 0.12.2, its incompatible with latest versions of dash and html modules. But if I try go back to 2017 version of all three modules, but that introduces other issues in itself. Can the bug be fixed for the more recent dcc version?