Error: read ECONNRESET : Cannot to Impala via Falcon SQL client

I’m trying to connect to Apache Impala via Falcon SQl Client 2.3.2 and 2.4.0 but the connection fails with
Error: read ECONNRESET error.
Also when I try connecting to Impala via Falcon SQL client with the example credentials I get "Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 35.184.155.127:21000"
plotly

We’ve updated the test servers. Please, replace 35.184.155.127 with impala.test.plotly.host.

What about Error: read ECONNRESET error. when I’m trying to connect to my impala database. When I connect via Db Visualizer tool using the same hostname and port it works fine.

Error: read ECONNRESET is my main issue.

BTW,I tried your test hostname and it worked fine. But really I need to connect to my impala database.
It would be great if you guys can provide me some debugging tips or let me know a time for me to talk with you guys.

Thanks
Sandeep

Oh, I missed the ECONNRESET.

If you have access to the logs of the impala server, please, check whether the connection is reset by the impala server or by the Falcon client.

Another thing you can check is to run the query 'SELECT ID FROM (SELECT 1 ID) DUAL WHERE ID=0'. Falcon uses this query to determine whether the connection succeeded.

I can’t find anything in my impala logs. Could this be a driver issue ?

I can’t find anything in my impala logs. Could this be a driver issue ?

This may suggest that Falcon can’t reach your Impala server.

Are you still unable to connect to our test Impala server?

Host: impala.test.plotly.host
Port: 21000
Database: plotly

You’r impala test server does not have any authentication. We’ve an LDAP Sentry authentication. I’m guessing we will not be able to connect with out providing username/password. I don’t see you’re prompting for a username/password for impala. That could be part of the problem too.

Plus, I really don’t understand the error message . “Error: read ECONNRESET”. What would be a meaningful version of this error please?

ECONNRESET means that Falcon tries to connect to the Impala server, and the Impala server closes the connection before trying to read data associated with the connection; some like this:

Falcon: Hi, Impala server, I want to …
Impala: I don’t want to talk to you. Bye!

I’ve opened a request to implement this feature.
See https://github.com/plotly/falcon-sql-client/issues/363

Thank you. Most likely our impala server is refusing to talk because we’re trying to connect to Falcon without a username/password.

I was able to connect to impala via tools like Tableau and DB Visualizer.