How does Plotly communication with the credentials validation server?

How does Plotly communication with the credentials validation server? I have two python applications, one is a application that I run directly in Visual Studio and the other is a web application that calls the python.exe from code and runs the python script. The python script is the same in both applications, however, when I run the python code from the web application, it hangs on the plot.io.create_image function. It does not even throw any errors. My theory is that plotly maybe having difficulty validating the credentials with the validation server within the web app. Oddly enough, this is only an issue on one server, it works fine on two other web servers. The difference is the server that it does not work on is a GoDaddy server running windows server 2012 and the servers where is does work are running windows server 2019. I am thinking that either the GoDaddy server is blocking the validation from the web app or the web server component is blocking it do to it being older and not have some type of security such as TLS or something. Any ideas?

Hi @arraylist

The plotly.io.write_image function doesn’t do any account validation with chart studio (it’s a totally offline operation). It tries to communicate with a local orca server process over a local port.

Cross reference https://github.com/plotly/plotly.py/issues/1460

-Jon