Interactive SVG tables

Hi!

I was reading the blog post about creating interactive svg tables (https://www.r-bloggers.com/creating-interactive-svg-tables-in-r/), very interesting.
When I tried to run the code I get an error though:

Error: Trace type must be one of the following:
‘scatter’, ‘box’, ‘bar’, ‘heatmap’, ‘histogram’, ‘histogram2d’, ‘histogram2dcontour’, ‘pie’, ‘contour’, ‘scatterternary’, ‘sankey’, ‘scatter3d’, ‘surface’, ‘mesh3d’, ‘scattergeo’, ‘choropleth’, ‘scattergl’, ‘pointcloud’, ‘heatmapgl’, ‘parcoords’, ‘scattermapbox’, ‘carpet’, ‘scattercarpet’, ‘contourcarpet’, ‘ohlc’, ‘candlestick’, ‘area’

According to my sessionInfo() I have installed plotly version 4.7.1.9000.
Any ideas?

best,Ger

Hey @ginberg,

Perhaps, try restarting R. I’m able to run the code, in RStudio, from the blog.

sessionInfo():

other attached packages:
[1] plotly_4.7.1.9000  ggplot2_2.2.1.9000

Ah, I got it working by restarting RStudio. Thank you!

FYI, we just pushed an update today (16/10/2017), which avoids drawing axes (by default) in table trace types.

So you can restart your R session and rerun devtools::install_github("ropensci/plotly") to update.

This will mean that you can omit these lines when making tables:

layout(xaxis = list(zeroline = F, showgrid = F, showticklabels = F),
         yaxis = list(zeroline = F, showgrid = F, showticklabels = F))

nice update. I also cannot imagine why anyone would like to display the axis at a table

hi @bcd , is it also possible to add a hovertext with a table? I tried it, but it doesn’t seem to work.

I have got a column that contains a lot of text. I would like to display only the first x characters in the table and make the complete text available when you hover over the cell…