đź“Ł Announcement! Dash Workshops Fall 2017 in NYC

Hi Dash Community –

I’m excited to announce that Plotcon NYC Fall 2017 has allocated two full days to Dash Workshops! Here’s a link where you can register for the workshop.

I’ll be giving the course alongside a few other Plotly employees. Here’s a preliminary syllabus:

This two day workshop will go over the foundations and guiding principles of dash, starting with simple examples on the first day and more advanced use cases on the second day. Each section of the Dash workshop will be focused around complete examples that the attendees can run on their own computers. Attendees will learn the principles of Dash by customizing these examples through gentle, interactive “challenges”.

This workshop is taught by the author of the Dash library itself, with help from other Dash solutions experts at Plotly.

Day 1 - Introduction to Dash

• What’s Possible in Dash: The Dash Gallery Tour
  • Getting Started with Dash: The Dash layout
  • A tour of available Dash components
  • Architecture: How does Dash work?
  • Basic interactivity with Dash callbacks
  • Advanced interactivity with Dash callbacks: multiple inputs, multiple outputs
  • Making Dash apps data-driven with Pandas and SQL
  • All about Dash Graph component
  • Learning how to troubleshoot
  • Deploying Dash apps

Day 2 - Advanced Dash and Dash Best Practices

• Comprehensive guide to crossfiltering
  • Styling Dash Apps: Design and CSS Pro Tips
  • Concepts of State:
  • Dash App Performance: Caching and parallelization
  • Overview of Dash Roadmap - What’s going to be available this year
  • (Optional - for attendees with Javascript experience): Building your own Dash components

Workshop Registration: https://plotcon.plot.ly/workshops
Feel free to contact me directly if you have questions: chris@plot.ly
Tweets about the conference: @plotlygraphs

2 Likes

Hey Chris,

Any chance to release videos of the workshops?

Rich

@rmuir_data - The workshops won’t lend themselves well to video since they’re several hours long (2 full days) and very hands-on / project based. All of the talks prior to the workshop will be released on the plotcon youtube channel including a “state of the union” talk that I’ll give on Dash.

Ahh I see - looking forward to seeing the talks in that case!

Any plans to come to London?