📣 Sharing Graphs with Chart Studio

Here is a quick GIF tutorial on how to export a graph from a Dash app (or any application that has a plotly.js graph) into your online plotly account and then share it with a URL.

1 Like

Hi chriddyp,

Thanks for the great work. It’s been super easy to get a dashboard up and running! I have a concern though regarding the Chart studio aspect, and unfortunately I think this will prevent me from deploying my solution at work.

I feel like it presents a real security/data protection risk, unless I am incorrect? By using “Edit in Chart Studio” I inadvertently transferred my data to the Plotly website. To me this poses real risks with sensitive data such a medical, export controlled, all IP, GDPR, etc. Fortunately I was using dummy data as it was a hobby project, but I was intended to translate the project to a professional environment.

Is there a way to have this functionality removed, or get a prompt to warn the user that they risk sharing data?

Many thanks,
Ross

Yes, you can update the config argument in dcc.Graph. See Is it possible to hide the floating toolbar? - #15 by chriddyp