📣 Winter 2018 Dash Workshop in Montréal, Canada 🎉 🇨🇦

Hi Dash Community –

I’m excited to announce that we will be hosting a Dash workshop at Plotly Headquarters in the beautiful Mile End neighborhood of Montréal, Canada on the weekend of February 17-18. Here’s a link where you can register for the workshop.

I’ll be giving the course alongside a few other Plotly employees. We’ll be working from 100% original, exclusive content and workshop attendees will get full access to the code and all of the examples.

The format of the workshops is very interactive. We’ll spend 15-20 minutes explaining a concept, and then 20-30 minutes working on an interactive, gentle “challenge” related to the concept. There will be over 30 examples, starting from the basics and evolving into complex applications. There is plenty of time for questions and we encourage attendees to bring their own data or apps for the end-of-day open “office hours” :slight_smile:

Our first workshop weekend was in NYC this Fall and we’ve received great feedback from the attendees. The NYC workshop sold out so if you are interested, register for Montréal soon!.

This two day workshop will go over the foundations and guiding principles of dash, starting with simple examples on the first day and more advanced use cases on the second day. Each section of the Dash workshop will be focused around complete examples that the attendees can run on their own computers. Attendees will learn the principles of Dash by customizing these examples through gentle, interactive “challenges”.

This workshop is taught by the author of the Dash library itself (that’s me!), with help from other Dash solutions experts at Plotly.

Day 1 - Introduction to Dash

• Installation and Dev Setup
  • Dash Gallery Tour - What’s possible with Dash?
  • Deep Dive into the Plotly Graphing Library
  • Learning How To Troubleshoot
  • Dash Component Libraries
  • Basic Dash Callbacks
  • Office Hours

Day 2 - Advanced Dash and Dash Best Practices

• Buttons, State, and Forms
  • Styling Dash Apps: Design and CSS Pro Tips
  • Interactive Graphing and Crossfiltering
  • Dash App Performance: Caching and parallelization
  • Overview of Dash Roadmap - What’s going to be available this year
  • (Optional - for attendees with Javascript experience): Building your own Dash components
  • Office Hours

Workshop Registration: https://plotcon.plot.ly/workshops

Feel free to contact me directly if you have questions: chris@plot.ly, @chriddyp

1 Like

There are still a few spots left for this weekend’s workshop in beautiful Montréal. We’ve created a ton of new, exclusive content that I’m really excited to share with this weekend’s workshop attendees. It’s going to be great, productive weekend.

Register here: https://plotly.symposia-app.io/events/plotly-u-montreal-2018/info