The fastest way to get started building a Dash app: cookiecutter-dash

What if you could generate a deployment-ready Dash application with a single command line call? I have built a generator for a sophisticated, Bootstrap-enabled, Docker-ready Dash app for Cookiecutter – check it out if you’re interested, and let me know what you think of it!

cookiecutter-dash: the easiest way to get started building a Dash app

1 Like

Some people could be interested in having the option to run the generated Dash app on top of Django (instead of on top of Flask) which is provided by django-dash.

Good point. I have never used django-dash, but I’m happy to see if I can implement this as an option.

1 Like

This is now officially an issue in the repo. Bonus points for instigating the first issue :wink:

Very cool!

In case you don’t already know about it, you could use dash-bootstrap-components for the navbar to avoid having to use the dangerously set inner HTML stuff.

1 Like

I did NOT! Thank you!

1 Like

Are you aware of slapdash? I’m just mentioning it here to avoid probable dublication…

Adding nginx support could e.g. be done like in the repo Flask-Dash-Plotly.

There’s a wider ambition here to create a fully-deployable version with nginx as the reverse proxy, and k8s support. I have created the corresponding issue here.

I think slapdash is fantastic! However, I intend cookiecutter-dash to fulfil slightly different requirements. Among others, I am not really focused on multipage apps. In keeping with the cookiecutter philosophy, the idea is to get developing fast, based on as little opinionation (is that even a word?) as possible. For a more professional multipage app, slapdash is a great option, and I think the community can only benefit from having both options open to them – especially early-stage users who don’t want to mess around with routing etc.

1 Like