x=[1, 2, 3, 4],
y=[16, 5, 11, 9]
)
data = Data([trace0, trace1])

py.iplot(data, filename = ‘basic-line’)

Traceback (most recent call last):
。。。。。。
。。。。。。
File “C:\Users\User\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\plotly\api\v1\clientresp.py”, line 35, in clientresp
response = request(‘post’, url, data=payload)

File “C:\Users\User\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\plotly\api\v1\utils.py”, line 85, in request
raise exceptions.PlotlyRequestError(message, status_code, content)

PlotlyRequestError: No message

i don’t know why
on my laptop, the program can work, but on my PC, the error will happen, it seems the PC can’t connect with the sever of plotly and can’t generate the graph.
Please help me!!!
anyone is okay!!!
how to deal with the problem. elites in this field , i need your help.

Hi @starfather-1,

It seems that you did not sign in.

If you have a Plotly account just insert before the line
py.iplot(...)
the line:
py.sign_in('your_username', 'your_API_key')

Thank you very much for your advice. But unfortunately, it still doesn’t work. I has been seeking for so much information related to the error. However, there is no solution. Maybe my PC has some unknown problem.

Hello StarFather,

Did u get the solution for your error message as i have been facing the same problem. I am also providing sign_in information. Any leads would be appreciated.

Regards,
Puneet

Hello Puneet
I’m so sorry that I still don’t find the solution to this error. So I use my desktop to run the programming, then use my laptop to output the graph that I need, because my laptop can work. It is just ‘work around’.

Regards,
Allen

well for me its doesnt work on my server and it worked once on my laptop then stopped working. do they have some help or support kinda stuffs we can mail them or something like that.

No, it seems to cost some money if you need help from the PLOTLY WEB. Only at this forum, it is free and you can ask some questions.

Maybe you can try this:
finding the .plotly folder that contain the .config and .credentials files ,and delete the folder.
Then follow the step of the official website(getting-started)
and set your credentials(username&api_key)…and so on

I think you are using the online mode, which might require an access to a Plotly account.

To play around with Plotly in your own machine, use the offline mode.

Simply, replace

import plotly.plotly as py

with

from plotly.offline import plot

and use this “plot” to plot your figure.

plot(data, filenname='basic-line')

Also, check this tutorial for more information of the offline mode if this is what you want~

Hope it works.

1 Like