I created a python scritp that uses the principle of the plot.ly’s static image export using orca and psutil. The script works with orca and psutil. Now my goal is to create a standalone exectuable using Pyinstaller. Note that:
I installed orca using the standalone binaries and their installer. See the third method of their README-file
The pyinstaller creates a dist folder in which an executable can be ran, using some packages (such as plotly in this example) to supply the .exe file with its needed resources
I have ran a test without static image export, which worked!
Now, when trying this with orca and psutil I ran into a couple of problems. I edited my .spec file so that
datas=[('C:/My/Path/to/Python/Python37/Lib/site-packages/plotly/', './plotly/'), ('C:/My/Path/to/Python/Python37/Lib/site-packages/psutil/', './psutil/'), ('C:/My/Path/to/orca/', './orca/')], hiddenimports=['plotly', 'orca', 'psutil']
This did move the folders I expected it to move to the dist/main folder, the problem is that it still can’t seem to use orca properly since it gives the standard traceback error where it tells you to install orca.